Are you craving an experience of astral travel? There are several techniques to help the process of making this happen. Using crystals is just one way to open up in consciousness in order to have the astral projection experience.
What is astral travel?
Astral travel is the metaphysical ability to leave one’s body voluntarily or involuntarily. Believe it or not, most people have had the experience of astral travel whether they are completely aware of it or not. Another commonly known term for astral travel is an out of body experience or OBE.
What are the benefits of this type of travel?
Those who practice astral projection report that it is an experience like no other. Astral travelers tell stories of being able to fly around the universe in their adventures. Would you like the experience of being able to visit whomever you please in another realm? Perhaps you’d like to connect with your ancestors of spiritual mentors. Astral travel makes this and a whole lot more possible. Are you ready for your adventure?
How do crystals affect being able to do astral projection?
Certain crystals have metaphysical properties that support the astral travel process. Crystals are known to store and transmit energy. They help in the cleansing process and when picked up in the palm of the hand they can absorb the negative energy from within the person holding the stone. They are also known to intensify the personal vibrations that are necessary to activate the astral travel experience.
What are the best crystals to use for astral projection?
We’ve compiled a list of the best crystals to use for opening up the chakras for the astral experience:
- Quartz: Quartz is the most commonly cited crystal to use in astral projection. It is used for a variety of healing purposes. Clear quartz crystals are recommended for balancing the energy of any other crystal that is being used. When using quartz, try lying down and placing it on the third eye/sixth chakra for maximum results. If your crystal is small enough, carry it around at all times for extra energy protection.
- Blue Calcite: This stone is said to produce calm in people who work with it on a regular basis. Blue calcite enhances psychic abilities along with helping to promote astral travel ability. From a health perspective, it can be used to lowering blood pressure and stabilizing the heartbeat. Blue calcite can be found in a variety of colors and people all over the world use it for energetic protection. Feeling a little sluggish? Blue calcite can be used to increase energy and vitality, too.
- Ametrine: Ametrine is a quartz crystal that combines amethyst and citrine and it said to be an uncommon quartz. When used for astral travel, it’s recommended to put it on the solar plexus for best results. Ametrine quartz is used for fending off psychic attacks while traveling in the astral realm. It is also known for helping to bring long buried issues to the surface. Ametrine helps with the following: acceptance of others, mental clarity and releasing blockages.
- Vanadinite: Vanadinite is an uncommon mineral and was first discovered in Mexico. Other names for it are johnstonite and lead vanadate. It is most useful by placing it on the sacral chakra which, in turn, brings energy to all of the lower chakras. It brings a sense of peace and harmony with the universe and it is frequently used with prayer, meditation and astral travel. It is also said to be helpful in warding off sicknesses—even major ones such as cancer.
- Angelite: This rare stone is milky blue in appearance and it is one of the best stones for aiding any kind of spiritual journey. It is thought to help in making contact with angels and building psychic powers. Once in contact with these spiritual powers in the universe, people report a greater sense of calm and harmony in the earthly world. Angelite is also used for seekers who are trying to find their place in spiritual communities.
- Moonstone: Moonstones come in a variety of colors and have a milky appearance. As one might guess, this mineral is named for its qualities that are like the moon. It is known for its feminine qualities and it helps people become more graceful in daily life. Are you having trouble navigating the regular difficulties of life? This may be a stone you might want to try working with during meditation or astral travel.
- Moldavite: Moldavite has an olive green color and is thought to be the result of a meteor in Germany. It is unique because it is the only interplanetary mineral known to humankind. Moldavite is said to make the astral travel process go more smoothly by making the exit from the body and the return to the body much more gentle. If you desire more progress in your evolution, try working with Molvite. Like other stones, it helps bring up suppressed memories and issues and helps with the healing process.
- Malachite: Malachite is a stunning green stone with bands of variation in color. It is sometimes referred to as the “mirror of the soul.” It is not recommended for working with physical illnesses. Malachite is thought to intensify the state one is already in so if you are experiencing a negative state of being it’s better to avoid this stone. Malachite is used as a method of protection and as an aid in times of transition.
- Sapphire: Sapphire is associated with joy. Used with the throat chakra, it is used to promote lucid dreaming, dream retention and astral travel. It has also been used to relieve anxiety and depression. Sapphire is thought to be particularly useful for doing healing work related to difficult relationships. Are you someone who is looking to widen your sense of awe and beauty in the world? Sapphire is the stone to use for attracting more of this into your life.
- Azurite: Known for its azure blue color, azurite possesses strong metaphysical power and it is used for clarity and insight. It balances the mind and reduces emotional instability. Azurite fosters lively engagement with the world because it opens up the mind and spirit to new insights. Using this stone is conducive to meditation and astral travel because it allows one to go deep without fear and trepidation. Azurite releases stress and tension which makes for a more relaxed state that is more likely to be receptive to spiritual endeavors.
Using crystals to help facilitate the astral journey is widely believed to be an important piece of preparing the journey. It is worth the investment of time and money in order to achieve the goal of having an astral experience. By using crystals, journeyers purify their energy and attract more positive spirits and experiences while in the astral realm.
It’s important to remember that in most cases learning to travel astrally takes time and discipline to be successful. Reading as much as possible about the subject helps prepare the mind for the experience. There are vast numbers of books and online resources to help prepare the soul and psyche for this type of travel. May you have a beautiful experience!
For more information check out our Astral Projection guide or see how you can use binaural beats to astral project more effectively!