The common qualities of the near-death experience include feelings of profound peace, out-of-body sensation, meeting with “beings of light” and with one’s deceased relatives, reviewing on’s life and a reluctance to return. Dr. Moody explores the significance of these experiences for our understanding of the collective unconscious, emphasizing the value of wisdom and love as being primary in human life.
Raymond A. Moody, Jr., M.D., a psychiatrist, is author of the classic Life After Life which sold over ten million copies and inaugurated research in the field of near-death studies. A professor of psychology at Wes Georgia College, he is also authored The Light Beyond.
The Astral Institute had the great privilege to talk personally with Dr Moody in an exclusive interview back in April 2020. His sharp intellectual wit and insight into his life’s work was both inspiring and far reaching in scope.
This exclusive interview discusses the themes of
- How he came to accept the existence of life beyond death
- How to deal with the skeptical mind and modern scientific dogma
- What is the purpose of life, according to his beliefs
- How near death experience research has changed his life personally
- Exploring altered states of consciousness